Saturday, October 18, 2014

REVIEW - Corrupted and Warped (The Manipulation Trilogy)


 

I was very excited to review Books 1 and 2 of The Manipulation Trilogy. Now I feel like my life is over. (At least until book 3 comes out). Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but seriously! The books were written by Natalie Townson and Alicia Taylor. I am a fan of both of the girls. We share a love for J.S. Scott and reading so I knew they'd write something awesome.

Let's start with Book one in the series -- Corrupted

 

 
PURCHASE CORRUPTED HERE

REVIEW -  Book 1 Corrupted
 
You all know by now, I'm not a fan of spoilers. I'll try to keep it short and to the point. The book is about a girl named Ella who lost her sister tragically. She reads her sister's journal to discover a man (Damon) that seemingly destroyed her sister. So, she seeks vengeance on Damon. Damon is a charmer. Fortunately for Ella, so is she. So, she fights to get him to fall for her so she can set her plan in place to destroy Damon. I'll leave it at that. The story gets really good and ends clearly unfinished. Thankfully, book 2 picks up right where Corrupted ends.
 
 
 
Review - Book 2 Warped
 
 
 


 



As I mentioned, Warped picks up where Corrupted ends. Without giving too much information, I'll say that Ella finds out something *huge* that changes the game. Throughout this series Ella fights with moving on with her life and giving in to her feelings she's developed for Damon or continuing with her plan to see revenge for her sister's death. Leona, a "friend" of Damon's creates more drama between Ella and Damon. Damon is basically being pulled between a friend he feels deserving of his loyalty and his love -- Ella. By the end of book 2, you'll see Ella and Damon moving things to the next level. Then, the mother of all cliff hangers occurs and you'll literally find your jaw on the ground...
ok, not "literally" But, you'll probably be like, "What just happened...?" Basically, stuff is about to get REAL in book 3.
 
 
 
Seeing as this is a trilogy, book 3 will be the end. I am so excited to read it. I will be sure to post the review after book 3 is released. Let me know what you all think of The Manipulation Trilogy. I'm sure you will all love it as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment